A little while back, I wrote a post (What Time is it?) about a conversation I overheard while registering for a few tests at the hospital. I often amuse myself with things I hear people say or with things I find myself saying that are flat out ridiculous but find their way out of our mouths anyway. I thought I would share some of them with you. Hopefully they make you chuckle as well. 🙂
* “Please state your zipcode, one digit at a time.” When I first heard this I chuckled because, well, how do I say more than one digit at a time? Then I realized that if my zipcode were 12345, I guess they don’t want me to say 12, 345 or some such thing. But right off the bat, it made me laugh!
* An angry man to his apparent wife. . .“Why am I the only one who has to do this? Why don’t YOU take the test and see if this baby is really YOURS!”
* I recently asked one of the techs in dialysis if he had children.
HIM: Yes, three of them. A 24 year old and twins who are 5. My girl just graduated from college.
ME: Oh, that’s great! Which one?
HIM: The 24 year old.
* I visit an elderly woman every so often. The other day she was complaining that she was sore from a fall in the food store.
ME: I’m sorry, Helen. Where did you hurt yourself?
HER: The frozen food aisle..
* About a week ago, I visited a friend as she was feeding her son dinner. On his plate he had a slice of pizza, french fries slathered in ketchup, a side bowl of pasta with sauce, and a little salad with Catalina dressing. He could hardly wait to dig in. I reached for a cherry tomato from a bowl sitting on the counter. “I hate tomatoes!”, he said. I didn’t have the heart to ruin his dinner. 🙂
I’ll be here all night! hahahaha . . . . .