I have been asked this question over and over. Others ask me often. I ask myself every day. I hear it at conferences. I contemplate it at retreats. I read it in books, magazines, blog posts, and news feeds. I have even seen it on a billboard. My answers may change as often as I am asked the question. Today, I am fairly confident in my 5 – part answer. Tomorrow I may feel differently. 🙂
What do I know for sure?
1. Karma is real! I have witnessed over and over that what I put out into the universe, comes back to me. On the days, or in the moments, that I am most loving and generous and kind and genuine, I find the world treats me gently and brings me the same love and generosity and kindness and genuineness.
2. I have the freedom to choose! It is a privilege of adulthood to be able to make my own decisions. It is an act of humanity to make the right choices. It is the desire of my heart and soul to make decisions that positively effect my life and the lives of those around me. Not everything goes my way. I can choose to find the positive in any situation.
3. THANK YOU. Two of the greatest words ever uttered. If the only words I ever speak for the rest of my life are “THANK YOU”, I do believe they are enough. When I recently made that statement to a friend, she asked me, “What about ‘I love you’?” I do believe “thank you” shows love and that my actions will say “I love you” much louder and much stronger than those three words can be spoken.
4. I have this exact moment. The present. I do not know what tomorrow holds. I cannot know what my actions from yesterday will bring. I can’t even fathom what will happen in the very next split second. But I have this very moment. Right here. Right now.
5. I have God. Others may choose to call that power the Universe. Source. Light and Energy. Whatever name is given, I have that power within me and around me at all times. I know I am not alone in this world. I know I am loved unconditionally. I know for sure He guides my life at all times.
What do YOU know for sure?